Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Angel is the Centerfold and other truths.....

I admit, its my age. As time goes on, more and more childhood dreams reckon with reality- or a reality show - and its just not fun. Leif Garrett is on celebrity rehab, Corey Haim looses the battle, sweet little Danny Bonaduce is...well, you know,  Dana Plato is nabbed for armed robbery and has a tragic end, I could go on and on.....Now Kim Richards, the darling of 1970's television and movies  -  with various issues displayed for all to see in glaring realism (cough) on a reality show (don't get me started on those) is in rehab. Reality can bite me. 

Click those ruby slippers and take me back, back, back....to the good ol' days when .....

"Escape to Witch Mountain" ( 1975)- Such bad acting, a so so script and well, aliens of the unbelievable kind.  Yet, a sweet, simple time when it was all good fun!  


"The Absent Minded Professor" (1961) - My brother used to tell me the same absent professor joke over and over again- its still funny. Fred MacMurray carries this type of character with ease. Great movie. 


"Now you see him, Now you Don't" (1972) - There we go, a kid star who grew up to be pretty normal (as normal goes), kept his career and (so far) hasn't done anything to gross us out!! Kurt Russell is his cute self in this adorable invisible man movie that's fun and lets you loose yourself, suspending your disbelieve for the duration!

1 comment:

Blogamist said...

I loved Escape to Witch Mountain...